Dakota Plastic Surgery
201 S. Lloyd Street, Suite W230
Aberdeen, SD 57401
Phone: (605) 725-5030
Fax: (888) 904-6032
Monday-Friday: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Saturday: By Appointment Only
|Estimated price range||$4,800 - $6,000|
Candidates for Breast Augmentation
The best candidate for breast augmentation is a woman who is healthy—both physically and emotionally—and is looking for improvement, rather than perfection. Having this procedure is a personal choice that is often made for the following reasons:
- Restoring breasts to the size they were before pregnancy, breastfeeding, or weight loss
- Enlarging naturally small breasts
- Balancing upper and lower body proportions
- Creating symmetry between breasts of different shapes and sizes
Because breast implants cannot fill out significantly stretched skin, Dr. Mukerji may recommend combining your procedure with a breast lift. Women who have had babies or lost a lot of weight might choose a combination of procedures for a mommy makeover to gain multiple improvements with a single surgery and recovery period.
In your complimentary initial consultation, Dr. Mukerji will review your health history and talk with you about the changes you’d like to make. He will thoroughly review your breast implant options and give you time to see and feel the various types. In this 30-minute appointment, he will also explain which surgical techniques are most appropriate for you based on the amount of breast tissue you have, your frame, and the elasticity of your skin. You will have the option of scheduling your surgery before you leave the office or you can take some time to think it over.
Dr. Sanjay Mukerji
Dr. Mukerji is a highly experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon who personally performs every plastic surgery and nonsurgical procedure to ensure patients receive the highest level of care, safety and results.MEET DR. MUKERJI
Choosing Breast Implants
By offering a wide variety of breast implant options, Dr. Mukerji provides beautiful, natural-looking, personalized breast augmentation results. Choices include:
- Fill material: Dr. Mukerji offers the latest, FDA-approved breast implants filled with silicone gel or saline. Either type is available in several profiles with either smooth or textured outer shells.
- Size: All implants come in a wide range of sizes, measured in volume (cc), to fit with each woman’s body type and cosmetic goals. You will be able to “try on” different sizes of implants, by placing them in an elastic bra, to help you choose the size. The volume of saline implants may be adjusted after they are placed during surgery. Silicone implant sizes are fixed.
- Shape: Both silicone and saline implants are available in round and teardrop (anatomical) shapes.
During your consultation, Dr. Mukerji will give you his recommendation for the type and size of implants that would be best for you based on your preferences and his years of experience.
About the Surgery
Dr. Mukerji performs breast augmentation procedures at a local hospital using general anesthetic. The procedure takes approximately an hour to complete unless you are having multiple procedures performed together.
He begins the surgery by making the incisions in one of the following areas:
- Inframammary fold (IMF): along the breast crease
- Axillary: in a natural crease of the armpit
- Periareolar: along the lower half of the areola (darker skin around the nipple)
He then creates a space behind the breast tissue, often referred to as a pocket, for the breast implants using either of the following techniques:
- Subglandular placement: under the breast tissue, but on top of the chest muscle
- Submuscular placement: under the breast tissue and under the chest muscle
Dr. Mukerji typically places implants under the muscle because it provides results that look very natural and interferes less with mammograms than subglandular placement. The actual placement of your implants will depend on your anatomy and Dr. Mukerji’s recommendation. He will make every effort to conceal your incisions as much as possible.
Recovery After Breast Augmentation
Most patients return home the day of their breast augmentation surgery. Initially, your breasts will be sore, with some swelling and bruising. It’s normal for the breasts to be high on the chest and feel very firm until the tissues relax (sometimes called “drop and fluff”) at around 3 months.
You should be ready to return to work in approximately 4 to 7 days, depending on the level of activity required for your job.
To find out if breast augmentation in Aberdeen can enhance your look, request a complimentary cosmetic consultation with Dr. Mukerji using our online form or call (605) 725-5030 to schedule an appointment.Back to Top